Complex situations spanning multiple jurisdictions require a thorough understanding of all the legal, commercial, and other challenges involved, to determine the best outcome. They also require in-depth experience, local knowledge, and technical precision. And that’s what we provide.
Our team of professionals operate seamlessly across borders, advising on a comprehensive set of advisory services including:
- Cross-border asset recovery
- Corporate finance
- Forensic accounting and investigations
The team are based throughout the UK and in offshore financial centres, including the Cayman Islands, Mauritius, and Cyprus.
Our global teams
Cayman Islands: We deliver cross-border asset-recovery services to clients all over the world, from our base in the Cayman Islands. This involves project-management and litigation support to locate and repatriate the proceeds of fraud and corruption concealed in foreign jurisdictions. The team is led by Angela Barkhouse, an expert in financial investigations; asset tracing and recovery; and data analysis and intelligence. Find out more here.
- Cyprus: Our seven-strong team of professionals, based in Nicosia, provide a comprehensive range of advisory services to businesses and professional advisers. Working closely with leading lenders and legal practices, both domestic and international, as well as investors in non-performing loans, they have gained a well-earned reputation for their expertise. The team’s specialist knowledge spans several sectors, including real estate, retail, financial services and hospitality, in addition to other traditional Cypriot industries. Find out more here.
- Mauritius: The Mauritius team is led by Yuvraj Thacoor, a restructuring specialist, experienced in traditional administrations, receiverships, liquidation appointments and debt-recovery assignments in foreign jurisdictions. The team provide expert advice on business transactions, assist in resolving disputes and help organisations with a range of operational and financial challenges. They also have extensive experience of acting on cross-border assignments in jurisdictions such as South Africa, Mozambique, Rwanda, Kenya, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Singapore, the British Virgin Islands and the Cayman Islands. Find out more here.
- UK: Our business started in the UK and has grown significantly, within England, Scotland, and Wales. We currently have 18 offices, across the North West, Yorkshire, the Midlands, South West, South East and the South Coast of England, as well as in Wales, and in Scotland. You can see all our locations here.
Working globally, we recognise the importance of language skills. As well as English, members of our team speak French, Greek, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Romanian, Cantonese, Russian, Ukrainian, Arabic, Hindi, and Igbo, and regularly assist with translations and negotiations.